Ardyne Trophy – Handicap Match Play for 0-12
Australia Cup – Handicap Match Play
Donald Wood Trophy – Greensomes handicap match play
Jimmy French Trophy – Handicap Match Play
MacRobert Thistle – 2-ball foursomes handicap Match Play
Nicol Cup – over 60’s Match Play
Northern Isles – Handicap Match Play 13-28
Osborne Trophy – Over 50’s Handicap Match Play
Royal British Legion – Medal Match Play
Tarlair Cup – Scratch Match Play
Match Play Rules:
- Responsibility for arranging matches lies equally with both players and teams. It is their responsibility to agree the name or team that will progress by the due date.
- Contact should be established as soon as possible after the draw is made or the previous round is concluded. 3 dates must be given, one of which should include a weekend date.
- Individual circumstances will not be a reason for granting an extension to play a match – this will be strictly adhered to.
- If a match is all square after 18 holes, extra holes (sudden death) should be played until a conclusion is reached. Playing the match again over 18 holes is NOT an option. If handicap strokers are involved they apply in extra holes as the same holes in normal time.
- If darkness or adverse weather prevents a match from being concluded, players should resume the match from where they finished. Playing the match over 18 holes in NOT an option. A maximum of 2-days will be allowed to complete the match. The match & handicap convenor should be notified in this situation.
- If a player is unable to contact their opponent, they must contact the convenor 2-weeks before the tie is due to be played by.
- It is the responsibility of the winning player or team to ensure that their name(s) is posted into the match play results box as soon as a match has been concluded. Failure to do so may result in both parties being scratched.
- If a match has not been played (or no name or team is put forward) by the due date, both names(s) or teams will be eliminated from the competition.
- Any alterations to the draw sheets CAN ONLY be done by the Match & Handicap Convenors. Any changes made after the due date will result in the winners being disqualified.
Any difficulty in getting matches played should be referred to the Match & Handicap Convenors.